Check Out

Thursday, 27 October 2016

All The Happy Facebook Couples Drive Me Crazy!

Dear Mouthy Housewives,
I'm so sick of all the happy couples on Facebook. I totally love my husband, but I feel like our relationship is crap when I read things like, "Every time I go out with my husband it's like our first date all over again." I definitely don't feel like that after 10 years of marriage! Is there something wrong with us? Or Facebook?
Signed,
Facebook is Starting to Ruin My Marriage
All The Happy Facebook Couples  Drive Me Crazy!
Public Domain Image via Pixabay.
Dear Facebook is Starting to Ruin My Marriage,
There really is no quicker way to feel bad about yourself than a scroll through Facebook. Either someone is happier than you or takes better pictures than you or has cuter kids than you. I'm pretty confident that someone is going to come out with a study that being logged on to Facebook increases the chances of a nervous breakdown.
But here's the thing you must remember: It's all an illusion. These people aren't happier than you. They just are better at pretending to be happier than you. Seriously. Nobody can be that joyful all that time. Everyone has imperfect, messy, roller coaster lives. But it's more fun to post romantic pictures on the beach with cool filters and captions that read, "Every day together feels like our honeymoon!"
My advice? Stay off Facebook. At least for a bit. Like take it off your phone. I'm not kidding. As long as that app is sitting on your phone, you will not be able to resist a quick check. Have you ever hung out on Twitter? People are super funny and way less perfect over there. Plus a lot less photos.
You'll start feeling better about your marriage in no time!
Signed,
Kelcey, TMH

No comments:

Post a Comment

2