Check Out

Tuesday 3 October 2017

How I Tripled My Blog Traffic in Two Weeks

I think the one activity most bloggers would love to spend more time on would be: PinterestThe site is just one ginormous, black whole of blogging tips and advice, clothing and decor inspiration, and…FOOD.
(But mostly food. Aaaaaand, now I’m hungry.)
Basically, Pinterest is a blogger’s paradise.
I’m sure you’ve spent (literally) countless hours on a lazy Sunday, pinning away to your various boards marked “Apartment Style”, “My Dream Closet” (guilty), and “Yummy Recipes”. I mean, that’s what Pinterest is for, right? To salivate over #alltheprettythings?
You were kickin’ back, relaxin’ all cool…
…until you heard a fellow blogger mention that Pinterest is their main source of traffic. That they receive thousands of hits a day just from Pinterest alone.
*gulp*
Then you think to yourself…“Maybe I’m doing this all wrong. Maybe I don’t know how to Pinterest.” (Heads up—“pinterest” is a verb now.)
That’s okay. I didn’t either. I’ve been blogging for almost 2 years now, and I’m sometimes still thrown for a loop when it comes to social media. It’s always changing, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be in on the good stuff, too. Pinterest is for everybody.
Especially bloggers.
One activity most bloggers would love to spend more time on would be: Pinterest. But did you know that you could be losing out on hundreds or thousands of website visitors each day? Tailwind can help you master your Pinterest strategy, pin at the optimum time for your blog, and increase your Pinterest followers! Click through to learn how you can potentially triple blog traffic using Tailwind and increase your blog’s exposure!
Just like you, I was pinning anything and everything that I liked, at random, all willy-nilly. Sometimes I would pin 50 times in one day. Other times, a whole week would go by without me pinning anything at all.
Recipes, fitness tips, items I want in my dream wardrobe (a girl can wish!)…and occasionally helpful blogging posts.




I didn’t have any structure to how I was going about my pinning. No “strategy”. I definitely wasn’t about a strategy. I didn’t even know having a Pinterest strategy was a thing, and as a result, I had next to no traffic coming to my blog. Before I changed up my Pinterest strategy, I was stuck at around 100 page views per day, which is part of the reason why I was able to triple the amount of traffic to my blog so quickly. If this sounds like you, you’re not alone.
I spoke to a rep from Tailwind and was interested in gaining some perspective—what are the “typical” results most bloggers could expect using their platform in conjunction with Pinterest?
As of right now, there’s really no way for them to track an accurate average increase in website traffic with their users. The results each individual will have will also differ depending on the type of niche that person is in, the quality of the pins they’re pinning, and the quality of the content that’s on their website.
If you do choose to incorporate Tailwind into your Pinterest game plan, Tailwind encourages its users to go in with no expectations of traffic growth—instead, try out the free trial and see what works for you.
I tried out the free trial, and after seeing that it saved me time on Pinterest, I made a more long-term investment.
A few weeks ago, I began researching different ways to step up my Pinterest game. Among a variety of tips including pinning more, creating branded, Pinterest-worthy pins, and making your profile complete, I came across several articles discussing Tailwind.

What is Tailwind?

Tailwind has quickly become one of the most popular Pinterest marketing, scheduling, and analytics tools for bloggers. A quick Google search turns up numerous articles about how bloggers everywhere have used Tailwind to successfully market themselves and boost their audience.
Tailwind makes it ridiculously easy to manage your online presence on Pinterest. It’s the platform I’ve used to triple my blog traffic!
If you’re interested in improving your Pinterest skills and increasing the amount of people who read your blog, let’s get to it, babe!
If you are thinking about creating your own blog, my tutorial  will help you start one today. You’ll also get a FREE domain name for a year. You can have your shiny, new blog up and running in less than an hour! If you’ve been wanting to start your own blog, click below to learn how!
Learn how to start your own WordPress.org blog with this free, 5-day email course from TendrilWild.com.

How to Become a Boss at Pinterest (& Boost Blog Traffic Using Tailwind)

How to Boost Your Blog Traffic using Tailwind for Pinterest Click To Tweet Before you begin with Tailwind, it’s important that your Pinterest profile is in tip-top shape. Tailwind is a powerful tool, but it only works if you’ve already done your part to make sure your profile stands out among the thousands of bloggers out there.
Below, I’ve listed several key areas of improvement that will help you get the most out of both Pinterest and Tailwind.
If you sign up today, you can use my referral link to get a free month of Tailwind (from me!) if you decide to upgrade to Plus!

1 | Be a diva, and optimize that profile.

In this case, friend, it really is all about chu. If you haven’t by now, make sure your profile is complete—leave nothing out!
This includes:
  • A profile photo. Make sure your face can be clearly seen.
  • A descriptive title. Describe what type of blogger you are or what you do.
  • An informative bio. This helps people get to know a lil’ better.
  • Relevant boards. Make sure to pin content that your audience loves.
In addition, you’ll also want to do the following:
  • Set up a business account
  • Confirm your website
  • Enable rich pins
At this point, you’ll want to make sure you’re signed up for a business account. You may not treat your blog like your business (which is fine), but once you switch to a business account, you’ll have access to even more tools, such as Pinterest analytics. It’s a must-have.
If you need some help switching your account type, Pinterest has a great guide here. The process is simple, and you can have your own business profile set up in about 30 seconds!
Along with switching to a Pinterest business account, you’ll also need to confirm your website/blog. To do this, click on your profile in the top right corner of the screen. Click on the gear icon at the top of the page, right above your name. Then scroll down until you see the “Profile” section. Next to the box where you enter your website URL, click the “Confirm” button. If you get stuck on this step, Pinterest has a helpful article to guide you through it.
Once you’ve confirmed your website, it’s now time to set up rich pins. Rich pins are Pinterest pins that display your website name and favicon under each pin that comes directly from your website or blog.
Why is this important?
It makes your pins look way more legit and directs pinners to the original source of the content—you! You can take a look at some of my recent pins to see exactly what I’m talking about. Pretty snazzy, huh? 🙂
I think the one activity most bloggers would love to spend more time on would be: Pinterest. But did you know that you could be losing out on hundreds or thousands of website visitors each day? Tailwind can help you master your Pinterest strategy, pin at the optimum time for your blog, and increase your Pinterest followers — all in just a few minutes every day! Click through to read the full post and learn how you can potentially triple blog traffic using Tailwind and increase your blog’s exposure!
One of the most helpful guides for enabling rich pins on Pinterest is from fellow girlboss blogger, Melyssa Griffin. (By the way, if you’ve never checked out her blog before, get ready to get lost in a blogging black hole of amazing tips and resources!)
As you can see, my blog is still fairly new, and I don’t have a ton of followers on Pinterest. But I don’t need a lot of followers for my blog to have a big impact. I hope this gives any fellow newbie bloggers some hope that you can grow your blog’s reach and influence even when you’re first starting out!
More blogging resources for you:

2 | Get your graphics right and tight.

Pinterest is one of the most visual social media platforms out there. I would even venture to say that it’s almost more visual than Instagram. This means any blog graphics you post to Pinterest need to be highly optimized for the platform.
Did you know? Eighty-two percent of marketers say that images are very important for social media content development and engagement. Pinterest is also one of the most viral platforms with an eighty percent content share rate.
That’s insane in the membrane.
So, what does this mean for you? That if your images suck, you’re potentially losing hundreds or thousands of visitors to your blog each day.
No bueno.
To fix this, make sure your blog post graphics are:
  • Vertical. Pinterest looooves vertical pins! Pins that are 735px by 1200px do really well.
  • Branded. Use your website/blog colors consistently.
  • Helpful. No click-bait titles, please—just descriptive. Give a taste for what your blog post is about on each pin.

3 | Pin on the regular.

I pin on a consistent basis. That means about 15-30 pins a day, but I would recommended that you pin anywhere from 25 to 50 times a day, at least. (I’m working on it.)
I’ve also seen some bloggers who pin upwards of 100 times each day, but you don’t have to get crazy. Figure out what works for your blog, and just do you, boo.
Just do you.
But here’s the thing: I’m barely on Pinterest. Like, at all. Maybe 10 minutes in the morning here and there. But I pin a lot.
Um, Bria, how is that possible?”
Enter my new BFF…

4 | Use Tailwind, homie.

I was introduced to Tailwind last year, but I just joined the bandwagon about a week and a half ago.
…and I’ve already scene some crazy results. I’m talking “triple blog traffic using Tailwind” kind of results.
I think the one activity most bloggers would love to spend more time on would be: Pinterest. But did you know that you could be losing out on hundreds or thousands of website visitors each day? Tailwind can help you master your Pinterest strategy, pin at the optimum time for your blog, and increase your Pinterest followers — all in just a few minutes every day! Click through to read the full post and learn how you can potentially triple blog traffic using Tailwind and increase your blog’s exposure!
You can see in the screenshot above when exactly I started to use Tailwind. My impressions on Pinterest skyrocketed!
Tailwind helps keep track of your repins, followers, and so much more. One of my favorite tools allows you to create your own optimized pinning schedule. Tailwind automatically determines when would be the best time for you to pin from your account (based on how many times you want to pin per day and when your pins are most likely to be seen) and creates a personalized schedule for you, which you can then adjust as often as necessary.
Here’s a look at my current schedule:
I think the one activity most bloggers would love to spend more time on would be: Pinterest. But did you know that you could be losing out on hundreds or thousands of website visitors each day? Tailwind can help you master your Pinterest strategy, pin at the optimum time for your blog, and increase your Pinterest followers — all in just a few minutes every day! Click through to read the full post and learn how you can potentially triple blog traffic using Tailwind and increase your blog’s exposure!
I have never experienced so much growth on Pinterest and on my blog as I have since I started using Tailwind.
Some of my recent stats:
  • I went from receiving around 5 repins per week to 300 this week. Yup, that happened. That’s an increase of 5,900%! What.
  • I receive about 5 new followers per day now when I was receiving 5 each week (sometimes only 5 a month!)
  • Daily visits to my blog have more than tripled!
I think the one activity most bloggers would love to spend more time on would be: Pinterest. But did you know that you could be losing out on hundreds or thousands of website visitors each day? Tailwind can help you master your Pinterest strategy, pin at the optimum time for your blog, and increase your Pinterest followers — all in just a few minutes every day! Click through to read the full post and learn how you can potentially triple blog traffic using Tailwind and increase your blog’s exposure!
As you can see, my pins receive over 2,000% more daily impressions than before I started using Tailwind.
The best part about Tailwind? Your first 100 pins are free. What could that mean for you and your blog or business?
More pins means more views on your profile.
More views on your profile means more eyes on your website.
Which could potentially mean more readers for your blog or more sales coming in.
How could you not use Tailwind with results like the ones above? It literally takes seconds to sign up and create an account, so what are you waiting for?
Tailwind makes Pinterest strategy a piece of cake.
Tailwind makes Pinterest strategy a piece of cake. Click To Tweet
(Aaaaaand now I’m hungry again.)
If you sign up today, you can use my referral link to get a free month of Tailwind (from me!) if you decide to upgrade to Plus!
My blog is starting to grow faster than ever, and a large part of that has to do with using Tailwind for my Pinterest strategy.
I went from a blogger who was a little lost on the ins and outs of Pinterest…
…to someone who now has an almost 100% increase in the daily views on my profile. Pinterest is now the #1 referrer of traffic to my website. If you’re interested in growing your blog and increasing your tribe, Pinterest is the answer, and Tailwind can help get ya there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2